Learn more about Us and Christ Jesus
How to Join the Church
You can join us at any of our worship services to fellowship with us. However, before you can become a member of the Church you must take a few steps as explained below.
Basically, there are two ways you could become a member of The First Baptist Church, Lagos:
1. Accept Jesus Christ into your life as your personal savior and Lord (i.e be born again), join the baptismal/membership class and become baptized – by immersion. Then you can be admitted into full membership of the Church.
2. Transfer of Membership: The other option by which you could become a member is to transfer your membership from another Church provided you have satisfied the above condition (i.e. you are already a member in another Church, have been baptized – by immersion – and you are serving as a born again Christian).
How do I get here?
From any part of the country you may be coming from, find your way to Lagos State. From anywhere in Lagos, board a bus going to Oshodi and alight at the last bus-stop. Board another bus going to CMS and alight at the last bus-stop. From CMS, locate 24A Broad Street adjacent Joseph Harden Street, very close to General Hospital. Or board Obalende from Oshodi, from Obalende, board Keke NAPEP going to CMS and alight at Mr Biggs Bus-stop. The Church is right beside it. YOU CAN ALSO GET DIRECTIONS BY CLICKING THIS LINK
Learn more about Salvation
This is the most essential question you can ask yourselves. Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the whole world because He is the only begotten Son of the Father who died, was buried and resurrected for the sins of humanity. The bible says “For all have sinned and have come short of the glory of God”- Rom. 3:23. Even morality cannot save because the bible says your righteousness is like a filthy rag before God- Isaiah 64:6. However, the bible further calls every man to repentance according to Isaiah 1:18 which says “come now, and let us reason together, says the Lord, though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool”. For the wages of sin is death but God free gift is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord- Rom. 6:23. By and large, God gave His only begotten son that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life – John 3:16. Jesus Christ still remains the savior of the world today and forevermore because the bible says “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forevermore- Heb. 13:8”. Therefore, come to Jesus today, a minute after now may be too late; it cannot be too soon but soon, it might be too late.
What are the different departments in your Church?
- Men Missionary Union (MMU)
- Women Missionary Union (WMU)
- Youth Fellowship
- Sanctuary Choir
- Ushers Union
- Baptist Students Fellowship (BSF)
- Teens Church
- Children’s Church
- Sunday School Department
- Discipleship Training Ministry (DTM)
- Social Ministry
- Evangelism Committee
- Medical Services Unit
- Royal Ambassador (RA) – An auxiliary unit under MMU
- Lydia Circle – An auxiliary unit under WMU
- Girls Auxiliary (GA) – An auxiliary unit under WMU
Sunbeam Band – An auxiliary unit under WMU
What Unit can I Join?
You are free to join any unit as the Holy Spirit leads you. However, you must be born again and you are expected to have completed the membership class and at least the first stage of our discipleship program.
How to become a born again
Always remember the acronym:
- Admit you are a sinner (Romans 3:23)
- Believe in God’s provision of Salvation which is Jesus Christ (John 3:16)
- Confess your sins (1John 1:9)
- Do accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour (Romans 10:9-10)
- Equally thank Him for saving you
I’m in distress, who can I call?
You can call the following numbers for assistance:
08033268290, 08058337149, 08023418323 .